Share This Page
Thoracic (Upper Back) Disc Symptoms
Dr. Ron Daulton, Jr.
Below is a list of symptoms that will develop in the case of a spinal disc condition of the thoracic spine (upper back):
- mid–back pain (between the shoulders)
- traveling pain around the rib cage
- shoulder, arm and hand pain (which may be experienced as sharp pain, burning, stabbing, numbness, or a pins and needles sensation)
- neck pain and tension
- digestive problems (the nerves in the thoracic region of the spine control the gall bladder, which is a very important organ involved with digestion)
- chest pains
- shortness of breath
- and even heart palpitations (a feeling that your heart is pumping strongly in your chest)
You can also learn about symptoms of the cervical and lumbar spine by clicking the links below. If you’d like to skip to a different part of this article, you can use the Table of Contents below.
How Can Dr. Ron Help You?
Follow Dr. Ron On Your Favorite Social Media Site